Saturday, February 19, 2011

Taking it easy

Last weekend I went with some friends to CO for a little skiing vacation. This was my first time skiing in that state and was excited. The first day, Friday, we skied in Keystone and I had a blast. The runs I went on there were much longer than any I had tried in Mammoth. Just as challenging but these were long. And the view was just spectacular. Lots of tall mountains - these were the Rockies after all. On Saturday we went to Vail and that's where I had an adventure I didn't plan on. After a few runs on another challenging and long blue run, I tried a different blue run but unfortunately I ran into some moguls. Took a spill and somehow pulled a calf and hamstring muscle on the left leg. Or was it a muscle tear. Regardless it hurt. Was able to make it down to the bottom of the hill. Spent the rest of my vacation not skiing and just barely getting around.

Now back in SoCal. Showed up at Inside Track to meet up with people from the club before they headed on out on their runs. I told them I was just gonna walk, and luckily found someone else who was walking too. Went on a four mile walk at a leisure pace. Completed it in under 90 minutes, and actually felt a little winded. Maybe it was the 7 am start, maybe it was the fact I hadn't done any form of exercise in a week. It was good to stretch out the legs before, during and after the walk. Hoping to go for another walk tomorrow and maybe a little jog on Monday. Stay tuned ...

No comments:

Post a Comment